Tibshelf School actively promotes the importance of British values. We promote and discuss the following during the school day:
- Democracy (contribute to the decision making process),
- The rule of law (protect and keep us safe),
- Individual liberty (freedom to act within the law),
- Mutual respect (respect other points of view),
- Tolerance (of those of different faiths and beliefs).
The English Faculty prides itself on providing students with a breadth of Literature and Media texts, as well as a range of creative experiences. This is both in a written and dramatic capacity throughout each of the key stages, and ensures that our students have the skills to succeed, both in their academic career, and in the wider context of life. Through reading, writing and talk we aim to develop their skills and enable them, not only to enjoy success in examinations, but also to be prepared for their future in the wider world.